MASA is a fully representative body for the Marketing profession in South Africa.
Our membership types include:
1. Corporate Membership, and
2. Individual Membership, consisting of
2.1 Designated Marketers/Members (who have successfully completed the MASA Designations process and obtained a Designation); and
2.2 Non-Designated Marketers/Members
You are not required to be designated in order to join MASA as an Individual Member. To read more about our Professional Designations, please see [Professional Designations]
Why you should become a member of MASA:
- Get plugged into the business of marketing and industry developments and thought leadership affecting marketers
- Benefit from and contribute to the governance and sustainability of marketers’ self-regulation, industry consumer research, and professional and ethical conduct capabilities
- Stay on top of and influence policy and legislative developments affecting marketers
- Mix and network with the best in the business: become part of the community of marketing professionals
- Become part of a shared view of marketers’ understanding of their role in respect of business and commerce, humanity, and the environment
- Join industry leadership in raising the credibility of marketing as a profession and the Professional Marketing Designations as the certification of fitness to practice
- Access for your people to best practice CPD, and exclusive events, masterclasses and think-tanks
- Enjoy formalised connection to academic/educational institutions and their students: creating a ‘fit for purpose’ pipeline of marketing talent
- Contribute to leading and influencing marketing transformation
- Help facilitate the recognition of professional marketing achievement.
We invite you to join MASA now and gain an immediate advantage in our highly competitive and ever-evolving profession. Our memberships are flexible. For example, if you join as part of the corporate membership and you later change companies, you would be able to transfer your membership to an Individual Membership. Or if you are a corporate member, you can update your membership base as and when the team changes.
MASA members can log on to our private and secure member platform with a unique user name and password. This allows you to update your records, read member only communications and access member only benefits.
1. Corporate Membership:
To find out more and/or apply for Corporate Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The corporate membership model is flexible and enjoys all of the benefits that individual members enjoy (for the registered team Members), however there are added benefits such as exposure for your brand. The benefit of this Membership type is also that these members will be invited to speak at our events, before considering other alternatives- therefore, it is a platform to present your expertise to other Marketers. The fees for this Membership is dependent on the size of the team, the brand and its goals, as we take a tailored approach to meet the needs of your business.
2. Individual Membership
2.1 Designated Marketers (Chartered Marketer, Marketing Practitioner and Associate Marketer)
Individuals automatically become MASA Individual Members once they receive their designation. They pay an annual fee dependent on the Designation they hold.
Our Association is recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as a professional body for marketing in South Africa. Government recognition at this level re-affirms the Association’s position as a leading player in the country’s Marketing sector, with the endorsement further elevating MASA’s already highly respected and revered professional designations:
- Chartered Marketer South Africa – CMSA
- Marketing Practitioner South Africa – MPSA
- Associate Marketer South Africa – AMSA
2.2 Non-Designated Marketers
You do not need a MASA designation to become a member of the Marketing Association of South Africa. You can also join our Association as a member only. All that is required is to complete the online application form and pay the relevant membership fee.
The process for joining our Association as an Individual Member, is as follows:
Apply for “Membership” on the MASA website. Please do not omit any details as it delays the process. Membership Applications are processes on a first come, first served basis – please e-mail email@example.com with any queries.
An invoice will be generated and sent to your provided email address, for payment.
When you have paid the membership fee, kindly send the invoice as well as a copy of your Proof of Payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
When we receive the latter, we will acknowledge receipt of payment and confirm your membership
We will advise you of your profile logon details to update information- you will log in on our website at www.marketingsa.co.za
Your membership certificate will be e-mailed to you for convenience.
The Individual Membership is a membership for you in in your individual capacity, and the fee is R2000 (excl VAT) per annum. You will be invoiced pro rata if you join MASA as a member for the first time in the second or third quarter of the membership year. You can elect to pay for this yourself OR your company/sponsor can pay for your membership.
The Corporate membership is a membership for companies. The fee for this Membership is dependent on the size of the team, the brand and its goals, as we take a tailored approach to meet the needs of your business.
The MASA Code of Conduct embodies the ethical standards expected of all members of the Marketing Association and is a condition of membership. It applies to all members, irrespective of their membership type. MASA serves the interests of the public through upholding professional standards and integrity in the marketing profession and industry.
Download a copy of the Code of Conduct Here.