News and Events
ASA 50th ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE SPOTLIGHT ON MARKETING REGULATION
The full day, content rich line up includes:
- Stephan Loerke, CEO of the World Federation of Advertisers on the international movement against gender stereotypes in advertising.
- William Bird, Director of Media Monitoring Africa, on advertising to children.
- Stephan Loerke and Gail Schimmel, CEO of the ASA, in conversation on self-regulation and how SA measures up.
- Quick overview sessions on advertising applications of trademark law, copyright, the Consumer Goods Ombud, and other vital areas of advertising law.
- Greg Garden, CEO of MASA, on advertising applications of the new marketing measurement tools.
And much, much more.
Register here (click here)
MISSION CRITICAL UPDATE ON THE MAPS MARKET RESEARCH INITIATIVE plus INVITATION TO ROADSHOW
As we move ever closer to completing the marketers’ project to replace the much-missed AMPS survey we are excited to send you this update on the status of MAPS. We are ready and rearing to Go! The prep work is all done. Our Research company – Plus 94 Research - is on stand-by and ready to commence the research. The Questionnaire is ready for final approval by contracted subscribers. Push GO and we go into field. Starting the MAPS research on 1st July is the goal. That will ensure a full 6-month report for the second half of 2018. It will also allow for the piloting and parallel testing of some of the game-changing innovations and new components that will make MAPS bigger and better, and with far deeper consumer behaviour insights than AMPS was able to provide.
Professional Designations in Marketing - Unleash the Possibilities of a Career in Marketing
DATE: 29 May 2018
The Marketing Association of South Africa, in collaboration with key stakeholders in the Marketing Industry, will host an event to focus on the Marketer, in specific to career development and future trends. Benchmarking skills and performance in the Marketing field is a challenge for many professionals and Business alike. Find out how you can ensure you grow as a Marketer and add value to the business and brands that you represent.
ASA - MASA ROUND TABLE
Please join us for the first ASA – MASA joint Round Table.
The topic is the ASA’s Code Review. The ASA will take us through the structure of the Code, the purpose of Code Review, the type of submissions that they will accept, and how to make a successful submission. The floor will then be open for questions and discussions.
The workshop is open to MASA members and other marketers, but MASA members will get preference if it is over-subscribed.
Places are limited. Please respond at your earliest convenience.